Frequently Asked Questions
What are the delivery charges?
We offer FREE delivery within Nairobi CBD. However, deliveries out of the CBD will attract a small transport fee.
Which Payment Methods are acceptable?
We accept the following ways for payments:
- Cash on delivery
- M-pesa payments to our Buy Goods Till Number
- Credit Card Payments via Pesa Pal
How long will delivery take?
Between the time the order is placed and delivery, we will take between 30min to 24 hours depending on delivery location and items ordered.
How Secure is shopping online here? Is my data protected?
Your privacy is important to Bridges Organics Ltd. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We only reveal the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
What exactly happens after ordering?
- You will received a confirmation email and call of your order.
- We will then process your order and you will get an email/ call advising you of when the order is ready and will be dispatched to you.
- Delivery will be made in 24 hours
Do I receive an invoice after my order?
You will receive an invoice of your bill via email and text message. When payment is made, you will receive a receipt confirming the payment.
About Bridges Organics
What is ‘Organic’ Food?
Fruits, vegetables and grains labeled organic are grown without the use of most synthetic pesticides or artificial fertilizers. It therefore avoids the use of man-made fertilizers, pesticides; growth regulators and livestock feed additives.
Where do you source your Organic products from?
We source our produce from certified organic small scale women and youth farmers and also large scale certified organic farmers. These farmers have been trained on organic farming practices and are evaluated annually for certification.r
How can you trust that products are truly Organic?
One credible way to know if products are truly Organic is to look for the Kilimo Hai mark. This is the East African Organic Products Standard mark that is recognized on organic products in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
What are the health benefits of eating Organic Foods?
Choosing Organic foods is a Win-Win-Win for everyone.
For You the Consumer:
1. Research proves that organic fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidants, vitamin C, calcium, iron, chromium, and magnesium.
2. Certified organic produce is free from pesticide residues. Food sprayed with chemicals, grow with chemicals inside them. By reducing your intake of these chemicals, you avoid health complications and threats to your body.
3. Organic tastes so good: Since it is not genetically modified, or covered up with pesticides, organic produce has a richer and better overall taste and is much more gratifying.
For the Farmers:
Organic farming does not expose the farmer’s health to harmful pesticides which when breathed, can cause respiratory problems and terrible skin conditions.
For the Environment:
The pesticides used in non-organic production run off with water and pollute our water too. Polluted soils also become barren and harder to produce more nutrient-rich foods for the public.
How is Organic Food grown?
1. Organic farmers understand that what you put into the soil has a profound impact on what you get out of it. That is why they rely on such practices as hand weeding, mechanical control, mulches, cover crops, crop rotation and dense planting, rather than toxic and persistent pesticides, herbicides, and synthetic nitrogen fertilizers, to enrich the soil in which they grow their crops. In order to earn organic certification, land must be handled without prohibited materials for at least three years.