Most people are unaware of the powerful role that diet and nutrition play in controlling and preventing asthma. As a nutritionist, I have seen children reduce or alleviate their asthma symptoms with food and key nutrients.
Asthma cannot necessarily be cured, but most kids with asthma can control it so they have fewer symptoms and can stay active.
These are several foods that you should avoid as they cause inflammation of the airwaves:
- Sugar and Processed Carbohydrates: flavored yogurts, candy, juice, breakfast bars, pop tarts, chips, white bread, and crackers.
- Transfats and Processed Fats: crackers, some ice creams, fast food
- These are few of the anti-inflammatory foods you can serve your child:
- Berries and Grapes, Nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds)
- Sweet Potatoes and more!
Here is an easy meal plan that you can use starting today. Better yet, it is one that even kids might enjoy!
This Meal Plan includes:
- Nutritious meals without excess calories and fats
- A printable weekly Time Table with foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, (and snacks!)
- Easy to get ingredients, simple to prepare and lots of variety planned, easy meals that are appetizing
- Simple Recipe for a delicious nutritious meal that you can make today!
- A Shopping List that you can easily print or save on your phone. Take this with you to the store and buy everything you need for the week in one go.
- Local ingredients in the recipes, so as to save you money and minimize food wastage
- Easy, healthy, convenient meals for a fast-paced life